Clear Channel is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our creativity and productivity are best when we bring together people of all backgrounds, ethnicity and gender. Therefore, Clear Channel strongly encourages men and women of all races and backgrounds to apply for positions for which they are qualified. Moreover, Clear Channel hires employees based on their experience, talent and qualifications for the job. Discrimination or harassment based on race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law is strictly prohibited.
Furthermore, it is our policy to promote the realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive, continuing program of specific practices designed to ensure the full realization of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or sex, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. To make this policy effective, we have adopted the Clear Channel Broadcast Recruitment Plan, which includes the following elements:
RESPONSIBILITY FOR IMPLEMENTATION
Beth Davis, General Manager will be responsible for the administration and implementation of the Clear Channel Broadcast Recruitment Plan. It will also be the responsibility of all persons making employment decisions with respect to the recruitment, evaluation, selection, promotion, compensation, training and termination of employees to ensure that the policies expressed throughout the Clear Channel Broadcast Recruitment Plan and the specific practices detailed therein are adhered to and that no person is discriminated against in employment because of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
To assure that all members of the staff understand the Clear Channel Broadcast Recruitment Plan and their individual responsibilities in carrying out the policies expressed throughout this Plan, the following communication efforts will be made:
• The station’s employment applications will contain a notice informing prospective employees that discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law is prohibited and that they may notify the appropriate local, State or Federal agency if they believe they have been the victims of discrimination.
• Appropriate notices will be posted informing applicants and employees that the station is an Equal Opportunity Employer and of their right to notify an appropriate local, State or Federal agency if they believe they have been the victims of discrimination.
• We may seek the cooperation of unions, if represented at the station, to help implement our EEO program and we will seek that all union contracts contain a nondiscrimination clause.
• A general EEO policy statement will be posted on the station’s website (if it has one), along with the station’s most recent EEO Public File Report and a Recruitment Alert notifying qualified community groups of their right to request job vacancy notices.
• A statement will be included in all job vacancy notices (including advertisements) notifying recipients that the station is an EEO employer.
To ensure that information concerning each full-time vacancy is widely disseminated, we propose to utilize the following list of recruitment sources consistent with the requirements of 47 C.F.R. § 73.2080:
Greater St Louis Association of Black Journalists
Urban League of Greater St Louis
Broadcast Center of St Louis
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
St Louis Community College
University of Missouri-St Louis
Other appropriate sources
We will also make reasonable efforts to inform qualified community organizations of their right to request job vacancy notices, and will provide these notices upon request.
The station will keep and record information relating to job vacancies and recruitment sources used to fill those vacancies, as well as supplemental recruitment measures.
The station will regularly review the success of its recruitment efforts and make efforts to help recruitment sources be productive.